Searching...

Download speed decreased from 30mbps to under 10mpbs

AliD

Hi everyone,

I thought maybe ask the question on here.

I have recently moved to cable internet from adsl2 which greatest thing to do especially with the download speeds, I recently noticed someone outside playing around with the cable and my Internet and phone was down they said to me everything will be back to normal, then I started to notice download speed decrease now I'm getting lower speeds then my adsl which is unbelievable.

Anyone experience this before and if so how did you fix it and any thoughts and info will be appreciated 

Re: Download speed decreased from 30mbps to under 10mpbs

[ Edited ]
nagard

yes i have a 100mbps connection and all im getting is 10mbps.

I have no idea what is going on and i am not happy at all.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5532727102

Highlighted

AliD

That's unbelievable for cable internet 

Look at my speedtest, my previous adsl2 was twice as fast this is unbelievable 

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/1733351200

I was told my internet should run better from the guy who was playing around with cables on the street 

nagard

No one played with the cables here and internet just stuffed up this week, speeds are extremely slow it went up now to 29mbps and still not happy as im paying for 100mbps.

[ Edited ]
nagard

spoke too soon back to 10mbps Smiley Sad

Just called optus and they said theres a fault in the area, im in Doveton, Victoria and apparantly they are working on the problem

Marcel

Heya! Really sorry to hear that you're experiencing service issues in your area. Hopefully our techs are able to get to the bottom of that issue soon. Please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

AliD

Its getting worst I'm now below 5mbps, adsl was at least at 10mbps

Look at my current download speeds

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/1734354915

AliD

Thank you Marcel

I did another speed test to confirm if it's correct and I can confirm my internet download is currently below 5mbps

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/1734368841

Marcel

I see, that's not good to hear. Just confirming are you running that speed via Cable or Wi-Fi? How many devices are connected to your modem at any given time? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

AliD

From last week I have removed most of the devices and only have my iPhone to trouble shoot and still getting same download speeds and I have done the same with my PC and get the same speeds 

I have reset my modem multiple times, like I said from beginning this happen since the time someone came out to play around with the cables on the street and my internet and phone was down and also wasn't advised this was going to happen and no one was able to call from the house and no incoming calls until I questioned the guy on the street to finally to say we are doing something on the cable lines on the street my cable and phone was out for then an hour I didn't call Optus because they told me you should get better internet and I wasn't able to call Optus as I have bad coverage and wasn't able to call from my mobile and you can check to confirm I am unable to make calls from mobile as we are in low signal area for mobile phones hence the reason to have a landline

now and look at my speed test it's shocking 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
75 Kudos
52 Kudos
42 Kudos
29 Kudos