Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Download slow/upload fast

Thanks Andrew, this is great info!  I'm using a Netgear LB2120 as a bridge into a DDWRT router.  Having googled LB2120 it looks like they don't provide any telnet access to lock bands.  Looks like I might have to change out my 4G modem to one that allows bridge mode AND flexible band config!

Many thanks

Sven

Highlighted

Hi @sven1, sorry to hear about your Home wireless internet connection issue. With regards to speed it depends on various factors. Has any → basic troubleshooting helped.

If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on  131344 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm AEST to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi again Andrew, using a modem that's able to lock bands was the solution. Thanks!
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@sven1  If the problem is with B40 then the tower is faulty and you will get  no where with Optus support on this in regards to acknowledging that a problem exists or being able to trouble shoot the B40 issue. Was the problem with B40? (Lock B40 out and the speed is reasonable)

I have seen this first hand and have seen a few other people with B40 issues on the net, but unfortunately the only fix is to wait and wait and .... then Optus network engineers will figure out there is a problem with B40 and get it fixed, but you will NOT be told that there is an issue or it has been fixed. If the issue is with B40 every say 2 weeks enable it and do a speed test to see if has been fixed.

If it is a B40 problem get Optus to log a fault that B40 on the tower you are connected to has a fault so the network engineers get notified that there is an issue.

Glad I could be of some help.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@KartikaWhy do you keep putting in the standard script response that will NOT help the end users as the myapp support staff do not know how to trouble shoot low level technical issues with the 4G modems Optus that are caused by faulty Optus cells or cell congestion?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm waiting for another modem to troubleshoot with mate, swapping back the old AC800 which does lock onto 4g with a five fold speed increase I suspect it was the dodgy Netgear dropping back to 3g and staying there..its stats interface and diagnostics are too useless to know for sure
0 Kudos