Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Rokusasu
New Contributor
New Contributor

Double Data not showing up on my account

So I signed up for an ipad plan about a month ago and was told that I'd get double Data, I still haven't. One consultant told me that I'd receive it in 24-48 hours, another said a week, and a few said on my second month / billing cycle.

It's now the first day of my second billing cycle and my data isn't showing up in my account. It's one of the main reasons why I signed up for this plan and I messaged a consultant before and he said that it should appear soon but how soon? I don't want to go over my base data and be charged.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Double Data not showing up on my account

The data is very likely already applied. But its a manual process (lord knows why) and different systems can take a while to catch up. 

You will get a SMS if you get to 50% of your limit. So assuming your  currently limit is 10Gb and your double data should be 20Gb if you get a 50% warning at 5Gb then you know the data hasn't been applied. Otherwise you should get the 50% warning at 10Gb.

As a side note to Optus staff. Now that 100Gb plans are routine the 1Gb auto top up process is becoming seriously under powered. For a 1% variation in your data use you can be penalised 20% of your monthly plan spend. The lack of controls Optus provides over this as well as the delays in informing customers via SMS means this ara really is becoming unfair again.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Aman_B

Hi @Rokusasu - Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Bonus data  included with the Mobile  Broadband plans is available from the first bill itself and it should show this in MY Optus App or My Account as well. Could you please check this again and if the data is not there then please PM me here → http://yesopt.us/pmaman your service number, full name, date of birth for ID. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
AB1987
New Contributor
New Contributor

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Have you tried using more than 40Gb?

You will get an SMS usage warning at the half way mark so does that occur at 20Gb or 40Gb?

And yes, the Optus inability to provide the basic service and feedback that they have contracted for is pretty poor.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
AB1987
New Contributor
New Contributor

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Good morning @AB1987

The bonus data should be applied by the time your second invoice is due out. 

I just wanted to confirm the offer we've placed you on. 

My Plan Flex 130 with double data bonus (40GB + 40GB bonus + 80GB

I've checked our rate plan database and I've found the following: 

DOUBLE DATA OFFER: SELECTED MY PLAN FLEX & MY PLAN PLUS

Effective Date: March 5, 2018
End Date: April 15, 2018

$100 My Plan Flex(Leasing V2 Dec 17)

Data inclusion: 40GB + 40GB Bonus data. 

Can you send us a private message with your account details? I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. You can send that through to → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
AB1987
New Contributor
New Contributor

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

I've just replied back @AB1987

Chat with you there 🙂 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors