Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Don't ever sign up with Optus

I had a great connection with Telstra and was working great, as soon as I sign up with Optus, I go through 2 weeks no connection and no resolution, just send another modem, so if your thinking of signing with them don't and tell everyone you know 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Don't ever sign up with Optus

Sounds like something has gone wrong. Stuff like this can happen to even the best businesses, but where Optus seem to drop the ball is in communication of a resolution. No internet connection should be of the highest concern to Optus. After the initial customer intereaction fails (i.e. still no internet at the end of the call) it should be logged and a person assigned responsibility to handle the process from then on out. 

That person should be contactable by email for updates and be on top of what is actually happening to resolve the issue. Is it with NBN? Do Optus have a timeline? What is the next step in fixing the issue? 

Instead Optus appear to just leave it up to the customer to keep calling random helpdesk individuals that step through the same (reboot your modem) steps with no follow up when the phone is hung up again.

I understand a large amount of the rectification process is now out of Optus control. But Optus should be transparent with this and if the issue is in NBNs court then say as much.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Nbn has said there's no fault on line, at this point waiting for new modem, the main problem is the no communication, saying multiple times we are going to call you back or talking to two different people and getting different answers, they seem to not care at all

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Karlbaker 1977...   Welcome to the club of bitterly disappointed Optus customers.  Optus have some problems with customer service but they are very good at surveying your opinion of their company and if you'd recommend their service to anyone else, which is, quite frankly, laughable.  Peter is absolutely right in his response to you and I would add:

- No one at the call centre or Customer Relations Group (if your complaint gets that far) seems to want to step up to the plate and actually carry a complaint through to a successful resolution.

-The phone system to get to someone at Optus seems deliberately convoluted so that stressed people will become impatient and hang up.

-The quality of assistance via chat is very much pot luck  I've dealt with some truly excellent people there (one by the first name Shirley) and some I care not to correspond with ever again.

-If your problem is in the too-hard basket your repeated emails will be ignored...as mine have been in the last week or so.

Good luck Karl.  If you get no assistance from Optus lodge a TIO complaint here: https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint

The TIO can force a good resolution for you if Optus continues not to make satisfactory progress with your enquiries.