cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Divert all incoming calls to voicemail immediately

I have a home phone service attached to an NBN broadband service. I would like to redirect all incoming calls to voicemail immediately (without any rings). I have tried changing the divert options in MyAccount from 'Divert selected incoming calls' to 'Divert all incoming calls' (with the diversion to the voicemail number already recorded in that section), however it didn't work - when calling the home phone number it called for about 3 rings (both on the home phone and for the person making the call) and then disconnected.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Divert all incoming calls to voicemail immediately

Hi there @rossadams55, thanks for reaching out to us here.  Sorry to hear you're having some troubles with diverting your landline phone to voicemail without ringing first.

As mentioned on Fixed Phone voicemail troubleshooting, you have 2 ring time options with Fixed Phone Voicemail. 6 rings (about 15 sec) or 8 rings about 25 sec. It sounds like you're already on the shorter ring time but if you'd like, we can look into your account and confirm this for you.  

Can I please bother you to reach out to us by a private message via our Social Media pages (official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page) where we'll be able to obtain your details securely and assist you further.

Alternatively, you can reach us on a smart device via our Messaging service on the My Optus app 24/7.