Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
l_white_2000
New Contributor
New Contributor

Dispute

Hey everyone!

Does anyone here had any issues with Optus where the dispute resolution team keep giving you the run around? I have a dispute where they have overcharged me in excess of $540 over about 18 months, and no one I speak to has the authority to do anything about it? The last guy I spoke to offered me $30 in reparations. Not 30/ month.... $30. What a joke. So I refused that and he told me the dispute would be escalated, and that would take 48 hours. It’s now been about 2 weeks....

I tried calling today at 11am and the billing dept told me they were closed, even tho it was between their stated “we are open Saturday from 9am in your local time zone”

At what point do I approach the ombudsman? I have a rally strong case, I don’t know why Optus is dodging me. 

I’m so frustrated, HELP ME!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Dispute

Without knowing the details of suggest taking the emotion out of the process. Hard to do I know with $500 in dispute 

The process may take months and best just to stop through it with as little energy wasted as possible. 

Do you know if you are classified as an official complaint? Do you have a complaint number? See where this escalation goes, and yes billing stuff is annoyingly m to f only.

If you can't get a reasonable answer in a few days WRITE your complaint in simple terms to the official Optus complaints address. This they take more seriously and you should get a number and a response in 10 days. If not or its no good then lodge with the TIO. The ombudsman is on your side and will work to resolve the situation for you.

Again Optus take tio involvement more seriously again. Hopefully you get a good answer next week though.

NB while in dispute you don't have to pay the bill for that money.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Dispute

Hey @l_white_2000 - thanks for the message.

Generally speaking if the team member you spoke to raised this with our customer relations group, there is a 10 business day turn around, however it seems like you've reached that already.

Were you provided with any reference numbers? 

With regards to the $540 you're disputing, was this a billing charge or an incorrect service? Can you send me a private message with the reason behind your dispute, along with your full name, DOB and account number?

We may be able to look into this on our end. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos