Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Highlighted
New Contributor wakaak
New Contributor

Disconnect Services at Overseas

Hi everyone,

I wish to disconnect my broadband and telephone service but currently, I am at overseas. I have tried reaching optus using the number below.

General & billing enquiries
Call  +61 2 8082 5678
Open 8am – 7pm Monday to Friday & 9am – 5pm Saturday (AEST)

The call was answered on Thursday morning (8.30 am)* but I was asked to wait to be transferred to another person. 

I tried again on Friday morning (10.30 am)* and there was no one picking up my call. 

The same thing happened to me on Saturday morning (9.30 am)*. 

*Australia time

I also tried the Optus App but it requires a Optus mobile number for verification. 

Apart from Facebook and Twitter, I wish to know if there is an official email address for the customer service team.

Is there any better ways to reach them? I have wasted my time and money on the overseas phone calls. 

I also do not want to pay for the internet that I no longer using. 

Please get back to me asap. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

Re: Disconnect Services at Overseas

Sorry to hear about your experience wakaak. Please chat with us.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jhansi
New Contributor

Hi Optus team

I am facing the same problem. Unable to contact optus team for disconnection. I have come overseas due to medical emergency and will be away from australia for unknown period of time. Please advice how to cancel the number of preserve number with minimun cost.

Regards

Jhansi

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

This is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum. 

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. 

If not, please chat with us.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos