Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Keith_w
New Contributor

Disastrous house move turned into a joke

Hi where do I start 

booked a house move on line 20/05/19 

the guy was due 31/05/19.

Guess what nobody turned up and this is where the fun begins.

i tried to call and online chat to find out why ,days later after spending hours waiting and being passed around from team to team online and on the phone someone told me there was a glitch in the Optus system you can’t transfer your old service it’s stuck in the system it will need to be cancelled BUT the price is another 20 dollars a month you can’t get the same deal,thanks Optus.

So after some negotiations I got it to be just 5 dollars more.

So I reordered and waited the guy turned up 14/06/19 couldn’t connect us due to having the wrong cable to the house ahh I said so they booked a new cable installation 

this I was told would be 08/07/19 so 5 weeks after the initial appointment.

I then get a text out of the blue they are fitting the cable on the 24/06/19 excellent I thought ,silly me.

So I call Optus again several times passed around and around team tonteam no one has any idea of what they are doing then a shred of hope I recived a message the tech will arrive on Friday 28/06/19 EXCELLENT booked a day off work flew home from work to be there got an email late say 5pm the order has been cancelled due to a glitch in the Optus system AGAIN THATS TWICE.

To say I was annoyed couldn’t be more polite 

Anyway the Saga continued in the meantime phoning and online chartting with absolutely incompetent people 

I was then told I had to reorder so after hours trying to get a deal I did I got a decent deal the guy said it will be fitted on the 08/07/19 I said there’s no one home that day and a heated discussion took place there’s nothing he could do so we parted.

i then got back on the phone and got through to an Indian guy who was really really helpful I told him I wasn’t home 08:07/19 but was home 05/0719 or 06/07/19 he said he could not promise anything but would call back the next day 

He did call back and said good news they can install and set it up if Friday 05/07/19  I was overjoyed and couldn’t thank him enough 

The tech turned up as planned at 8 am 05/07/19 as planned GREAT connected me all up said it would start working in  couple of hours 

Well it’s 24 hours later and it’s still it working 

i have spent endless time trying to get it activated but they are saying it won’t till 08:07/19 what’s the point Optus 

a real terrible experience 

I niw have my original equipment from the first house move and two new sets of it with the cancelled orders

COME ON OPTUS SURELY YOU CAN DO BETTER I THOUGHT TELSTRA WERE BAD YOU MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE PROFESSIONALS

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Disastrous house move turned into a joke

Hi,
Thank you for raising this issue. That does sound like an incredibly frustrating experience.
However this is not something that we can assist with here on the forum.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.
Let us know how you go. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors