Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Disappointing NBN service

The service I am receiving now through optus is as bad as it was 20 years ago when it was Optus Home. The bloke from the NBN came out and fitted up the modem and I waited for 2 hours and COULD use the net but, since then, I have experienced slow downs, page loading can take up to 2 mins? Download speed can be iffy at best but the Upload is great????? The net DIES from time to time, last night it was off for over 30 mins at 11.00pm and tonight it died fully AGAIN at 12.10am and partially back at 12.47am.

I am having to pay $100.00 a month, more than I did for the service before, and the service is far less than stellar?

Is this going to keep happening Optus people or, is it going to be fixed? Please tell me so that if you CANNOT fix the issue I will have to talk to someone about cancelling this abominable net service. I think I would be better off with two spaghetti cans and a piece of string.

Curmudgeon
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Disappointing NBN service

Make a note of who you speak to and when, if you use the chat function Print the chat to a file and save it.

Then -

Lodge a complaint through:

Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman
http://www.tio.com.au/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN has been a joke from the start. Had to connect recently and have had nothing but problems since. Never get anywhere near the speeds promised and have had issues with bills. Cable internet was much better. Why do we pay so much for the worst internet in the world? NBN can't handle 4K streaming or online gameplay. Like I said, a joke. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Get that this would be incredibly frustrating, @pendaws 😞

Is this something that you've raised with our Faults team for further investigation? 

If not, please chat with us here so we can take a closer look at what's going on there.

You can also check out our troubleshooting guides here for some basic steps.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes I have spoke to someone and of course I was told that the connection was fine. When I did the speed test I got 14MBPS. I don't think this is acceptable on NBN. How can I expect to stream or play online with these poor speeds. Keep in mind Optus is charging people $80 a month for these slow speeds.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I spoke to some person the other day who I could barely understand. I explained to him about the problems and he said that he could see no issues, obviously he does not know how to read his computer screen. I have had slow downs and TWICE this week the net has dropped out completely, once from 11.00 - 11.47pm and the NEXT day, it was 12.00am to 0.47am but he said he could not see that. Yesterday, the 1st of November, the net dropped out at 11.36pm for 10 mins and today, the 2nd of November, the net has been extremely laggy since 5.00pm. This is the sort of issues that happened when you people were Optushome 20 years ago and now, this system is supposed to be MUCH better but it has been less than steallar since 1 week after install.

I do hope this system will improve as it was pretty good on your OWN cable before being FORCED to go onto the NBN. Optus was pretty quick sending me the bill for this "service" and wants the full amount for a "service" that is not operating properly.
So, can I get a proper response and not "we are looking into it" and nothing done.
BTW, when the system goes down, there is NO IP address shown in my Router and the NBN modem has been reset once and has been shut down for 10 mins once and, so has my router. 

Curmudgeon
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Still getting terrible inconsistent service and paying the max??? So, when is OPTUS going to fix this? is someone going to answer me? I really don't want to talk to some person in Asia.

I have been getting slow downs today (Monday 06/11/17) since 12.00 pm, it is 1.15pm now, and it is still doing it? Over the weekend, the service was acceptable but, now it is back to the "norm" of the lst two weeks.

Curmudgeon
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No chance mate. Optus won't do a dam thing. Optus blames the NBN. The NBN blames Optus.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It would appear that the MAN from the NBN has fixed the issue. It appears that the bloke who did the original install didn't do it properly and this MAN fixed it after being here for more than an hour. I was impressed that the MAN knew what to do to fix it.
I can only hope that the NBN keeps working properly and that I have no further major issues .

Curmudgeon
0 Kudos