Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Disable Wifi permanently on Sagecom 5366LTE modem

@abcd12345 wrote:
I really didn't want to factory reset it and waste my time re-configuring the modem.

For future reference, you can take a backup of the routers settings before you do a factory reset. The backup option should be somewhere under Modem Settings. Then after the factory reset/testing you can restore the original settings.

@Kartika the last general release software version for the FAST5366LTE-A that I'm aware of was SG4Y1L001019 so SG4Y1L002039 seems much newer. Can you find out when v2039 was pushed out? There was a new version that was in testing since start of November and I'm wondering if testing has finished and it has been released.

If v2039 was released recently then I'm wondering if there is a bug in the firmware update process that causes the wifi on/off preferences to be lost during the update.

0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Thanks for raising this with us, @YetAnotherAcc. I will forward this to our relevant team and when they get back to us with some more information, we will let you know. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
John_286
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, I am also experiencing this issue with my Sagecom 5366LTE with the SG4Y1L002039 firmware.

Was there any update from the Optus relevant technical team?

I also don't use the wireless features from the Sagecom. Will there be an updated firmware coming that addresses this issue?

I use the 5366LTE mostly for landline feature. I know the reset to factory and restore config is a workaround. Does this preserve the landline SIP settings etc?

I'm weighing whether to use the workaround or wait for an updated firmware

0 Kudos
Casey_YC

Hi @John_286

Thanks for checking in. 

While we haven't been advised of a bug in that firmware, we do have the means to check if you are on the latest firmware and change if need be. 

You just need to check in with the Technical Team by messaging us via the My Optus App.

Had you tried the factory reset that @Jack_YC mentioned earlier in the thread? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@John_286 wrote:

I use the 5366LTE mostly for landline feature. I know the reset to factory and restore config is a workaround. Does this preserve the landline SIP settings etc?

A factory reset does delete all customer specific data, and that includes SIP details. However the SIP details should automatically be re-loaded from Optus' server once the router connects to the internet.

@Casey_YC 

Can you please follow up on the information I've requested. Its been almost a month since this specific question, and at least 2 months since I requested info about the release that went into testing at the start of November, neither of which have been responded to.

0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

I'm sorry to hear this @YetAnotherAcc. At this stage, we haven't heard any official word back on a bug that is affecting the firmware, but we have reached out again to our team to have this further investigated for you. 

0 Kudos
John_286
New Contributor
New Contributor

That's good to hear that the SIP details will be re-loaded from Optus.
I have restarted router and it is still on this firmware so I can only assume it is the latest version (SG4Y1L002039) to date.

I did speak to the Optus Technical Team but apart from the usual 'have you restarted router' Looks like factory reset is the work-around for now
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

The latest release was deployed to all the 5366 LTE’s a couple of weeks ago. Upgrade on reboot was also enabled. 

For 5366 TN release this was in field trial up until last week, upgrading 2000 this week and then the following we will start upgrading the base at 20K per day.

This will fix the WIFI off no internet and the parental URL issue.

The NAT / hairpin issue is targeted for the next release.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the update @Ray_YC .

What about custom DNS? Work on that was supposedly started last Feb?

0 Kudos
John_286
New Contributor
New Contributor

UPDATE 28/1/2021: This evening I tried the exact workaround by restoring to factory settings and restoring settings. However unlike the original post - The workaround did NOT work for me. The Wifi radios always turned on after a reboot - despite them having set to off.

I even did a 2nd round of factory reset without restoring my backed up config - still the Wifi radios would come back on despite turning them off and the UI saying 'successfully saved data'

It's like the config isn't saved to the device.

Firmware version: SG4Y1L002039

Hardware: FAST5366LTE-A

This only started occurring with this latest firmware to date.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors