Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
abcd12345
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Disable Wifi permanently on Sagecom 5366LTE modem

I have a Sagemcom 5366LTE modem for my FTTC NBN and I've had the WiFi disabled as it is not in use. But, recently I noticed the modem automatically enables the wifi every morning when I power it back on. I have to configure it every morning to disable it.

How do I disable the WiFi permanently?

0 Kudos
19 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Disable Wifi permanently on Sagecom 5366LTE modem

I assume you are disabling it by pressing the button, correct?

You should be able to disable it permanently if you do it via the management interface (i.e. 192.168.0.1). 2.4GHZ and 5GHz have to be disabled separately.

Jack_YC

Hi there @abcd12345, just to clarify, are you looking to disable the WiFi on your modem as you're only using an Ethernet connection directly? 

When you disable the WiFi, are you doing that by holding the WiFi button down on the modem? If so, you can also try disabling the WiFi online. To do that, just follow these steps:

- Open a web browser and enter 192.168.0.1 into the address bar and press enter

- Login using 'Optus' as your username, the password should be the default password (located at the bottom of the modem)

- Click the Settings button on the top right hand corner of the WiFi to modify

- Change to On / Off by clicking on the toggle next to Enable XGz Wireless

- Click Apply

I hope these steps help you out. If you do require further assistance, I recommend sending us a message via the My Optus App. We'll then be able to securely confirm your account details and help out from there. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

abcd12345
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I only use wired Ethernet connection.
I disable the wifi "online" by logging on to the modem. I switch the modem off before going to bed and turn it back on next morning and note the modem automatically enables wifi.
Funny thing is this only started recently.
0 Kudos
abcd12345
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No I don't use the external button.
I disable wifi by logging on to the modem, both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, but the modem automatically enables them every morning when I power the modem back on.

This started recently. The wifi had always been disabled as I connect directly to the Ethernet port.
0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Thanks for that info abcd12345. In that case I recommend factory resetting your modem by holding in the reset button on the back of your modem. 

After that reset, you can then follow those steps to disable the WiFi again and see how you go.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

That should have worked. I just tried it with 5GHz on my 5366TN, which should behave like you 5366LTE, and it stayed off after I powered it of/on.

Can you go to Modem Settings --> Device Info and tell me what software version you are on.

abcd12345
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My Sagemcom modem detail;
Hardware Version FAST5366LTE-A
Software Version SG4Y1L002039
Bootloader Version 0.76.2-sec
GUI Version 4.103.1

Thanks @YetAnotherAcc
0 Kudos
abcd12345
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @Jack_YC.
I really didn't want to factory reset it and waste my time re-configuring the modem. Regardless, I did it and it seems to keep the config after power cycling, i.e., wifi is disabled.
That's how I had it configured when I first got the modem and had no issues till recently when the modem started to auto enabling the wifi.
It'd be interesting to see how long before the modem suddenly starts to auto-enabling the wifi again.
0 Kudos
Kartika

No worries and glad to hear it is all sorted now @abcd12345. Merry Christmas and Happy new year in advance.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors