Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Disable Call Waiting Landline

@Dan_C can you disable call waiting for my landline number because I have the same issue with the service centre are unable to disable them. My service is under NBN network.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Disable Call Waiting Landline

Wonder with the private messaging, I am doing the right thing before posting more personal details here. This is my first time getting on this forum.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

There is no private messaging on this forum?

But good you are being cautious.

All comments are fully public and Optus staff can't see your accounts or fix any specific issue you may have. You will need to contact Optus directly (phone, facebook, etc) and there is likely a long wait.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @petergdownload for your information. I saw Dan_C comment how he can disable them via back end and that is why I try the private message.

Getting frustrated with the service centre who does not know how to resolved the request as many Optus customers encountered with this issue. They do not pass it to the correct person to action it or not trained properly to resolve this call waiting issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Manage to diable call waiting by logging on to MyAccount. Pick the correct account if you have multiple services with Optus.
Services - Home Phone - Setting - Voice Call Setting - Call Waiting -
step 1. Call Waiting On then save.
step 2 Call Waiting Off then save.

When you are in a call, second person call will get a message you are busy and end with engaged tone.
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

It is frustrating. Optus are on limited staff and apparently has many new local ones that are not very experienced yet. Well done on finding a solution and thanks for sharing.
0 Kudos