Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Direct debit not working

Hi,

I have set up direct debit and it says ACTIVE on my account but Optus has not taken the money off my account and now I have received a late payment email. The app does not let me go passed the first page where it shows my account number, so I can't do anything to check the setup on the app. But I can see it on my account on my Desktop where it says active. Now I can still pay manually with my credit card but I don't want to have to do that every month. 

Geoff Schuil

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Direct debit not working

Contact Optus direct. They'll re-credit the late fee and confirm if direct debit is actually active (it can take a little while to activate and your bill might have been created before that). Also confirm your account details are correct - you can also contact your bank and ask what direct debit arrangement are active on your account.

You should get an email each month telling you what you owe. It will also indicate direct debit is the payment method and the date (about a week in the future) that the money will be taken out.

Suggest you check your bank account that day and the day after and confirm its now working. You can also manually pay 95% of your bill. The direct debit will still grab the last 5% and if it doesn't you won't get a late fee for a few $ not paid.
0 Kudos