cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Contributor yppahton
Contributor

Direct Debit

From what I can see, the only way I can set up a direct debit for my broadband account is to download, print and then complete a direct debit application form by hand, and then post this to Optus, which could then take up to 5 days to process (assuming the form is filled correctly).

Is this correct? In 2018? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: Direct Debit

Hey @yppahton, some services operate in an old billing system that isn't compatible with some online functions. A new system is being put in place but the migration for broadband services is still a while away. You can update your details over the phone, but the phone menus will direct you back online if you follow the direct debit prompts. You would need to ring 133937 and select options for something else to speak with a billing operator. Billing agents will be available again from 8am tomorrow.

Hope this helps, apologies for the inconvenience. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor RicardoCuevas
New Contributor

Re: Direct Debit

Is 2018, you can't really pretend people to mail a paper form.

Is easy enough just to provide an online form to do this. But Optus don't care.

I can't wait for all the other companies coming with NBN to my house next month.

0 Kudos