Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Difficulty With Streaming

Hi, I have a 500G Optus modem. I have been streaming Netflix shows and other vidoes on it and I am finding that there is often buffering issues. Normally these issues are resolved if I get out of the Netflix show and then resume it but it is still a hassle. Recently I have found it is getting worse and that there is constant stopping and stuttering when I am watching shows. I look at the lights on my modem and they are all on. I also look at the buffering of the shows and I can see that the video is loaded well beyond where I am up to so there is no reason for it to be having this difficulty. 

This is really frustrating as I was told that Wireless modems are an improvement from ADSL and NBN in terms of internet speed. 500G is a lot of data and I am very disappointed that, at the moment, that is going to waste as I cannot even consume a mild amount of data without experiencing buffering issues.  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Difficulty With Streaming

The usage and bandwidth demand on the NBN infrastructure and Netflix servers have increased significantly recently. Not sure how much the NBN can take, would of be better if they do fibre in the first place.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos