Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor Auze
New Contributor

Did not receive a optus welcome letter with model or before

description says it all

we have recieved our modem and its all connected to the internet yet we cant use its internet im assuming because we dont have the right user name just password in default being John_Citizen@optus ect 

we dont have an account number so we cant contact support we dont have a email or a home phone number really we dont have anything and optus is already charging us for it what can we do to resolve this ? fdgdfgdfgdfgdfgf.png

7 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Did not receive a optus welcome letter with model or before

Optus should be fine to look you up by your full name and date of birth. Whoever was the one to set it up should call but they'll be able to find your account and give you the info you need. Also, if you're being charged there must be an invoice somewhere. They haven't sent 1 via email or post at all? That'll have your account number on it

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor Auze
New Contributor

Ill tell the person who's name its under to check their email but i would have assumed they had already done that 

ill be over joyed if its that easy but looking at past events of a similar nature this is not the case we called up sales gave them all the infromation listed and more but they said we have to wait 1 day for our internet to be activated even though we recieved a text saying its activated and our router says its connected to the internet 

we cant contact support without an account number or a optus number linked to the house sooo.... yeah  

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Why can't you contact support without the account number? Once you're speaking to someone they'll find your account. The problem when you were speaking with sales was only certain departments can see an order in progress for a new account. Once the account is active, most departments can see it. 

Try live chat, but again the person who set it up should be contacting - http://yesopt.us/chat2us 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
New Contributor Auze
New Contributor

I will give live chat a shot later on today - thanks 

Maybe its just the support ive been calling but whenever i get into the call menu for optus support and select the services related to our service it asks for a house optus number or an account number through the sales team was the only way i was able to even talk to someone the support number ive been trying 1300 300 427

0 Kudos
New Contributor Auze
New Contributor

Live chat just played pass the passel with me before dropping me mid transfer and calling did nothing we are still waiting for information i found out this was done through a third party setup and they have no information either 
to be honest ill just try to avoid the $300 cancellation fee as they have done nothing for us yet and just go to another company that has a functioning support team
0 Kudos
New Contributor jasperwall
New Contributor

i also just subscribed to the optus adsl

i did not receive any welcome email either so i was stuck and didn't know what the login and password is for the adsl login.

the other frustrating thing (not optus fault) was very poor internet and mobile reception at our place for some reason. we're in the middle our city and very close to the exchange but inside the house, it's poor. i have to go to the balcony and do a rain dance to get signal.

i eventually found this instruction (please see below)

it automatically configured the modem router. but it didn't notify me of my adsl login and password.

i then went to 192.168.0.1, clicked on Setup and Configuration, then ADSL2+login,

i found my optusnet email address automatically typed in. 

i still don't know what my adsl password is.

optus auto config.JPG

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Hey @jasperwall apologies for the inconvenience there 😞 You'd be able to get your password sorted out by chatting with our Billing team.