cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Dial Up Internet/Standalone Email Closure

As we continue to build a network that’s fit for the future, occasionally we have to say goodbye to older technologies and products.

For customers who have an Optus Dial Up Internet or Standalone Email Service, we recently sent you an email to your OptusNet email address advising of these changes. In addition, customers were also sent a letter to their listed mailing address outing the changes to their service.

If you did not receive an email to your OptusNet email address or a letter to your listed mailing address – you are not affected by these changes.

What do I need to do?

From 15 November 2019, you will no longer have access to your Dial Up Internet service or email address. 

If you have an existing Optus Broadband service with a different username to your Dial Up internet and/or Standalone Email, you may be able to keep your existing email address. Please contact us on 1300 133 643 before 15 November 2019. 

If you don’t have an existing Optus Broadband service with us to transfer your email address to, you will no longer have access to your email address after 15 November 2019.

If you’d like to keep your email address but you do not have an existing Optus Broadband service, you can check if we can service your premises by visiting us online, in store or calling us on 133 937.

If you do take up this option, you’ll need to have the service activated and your email addresses transferred before 15 November 2019, so that you can keep them going.  Once the service is active, you can contact us to transfer your email address by calling 1300 133 643.

If you have any concerns and would like to chat about these changes or would like further information, please contact our team on 1300 133 643.

We’d like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

FAQs

Why is Optus Dial Up Internet closing?

Optus Dial Up Internet Service was a product which we launched many years ago and was available prior to fixed-line broadband services.

As we develop & build new products, we need to assess whether some older products should be closed and as Dial Up Internet is an old technology, we have chosen to close this service down.

We’re committed to managing the closure of our Optus Dial Up Internet product so that you’re supported in finding an alternative product or service that meets your needs.

What do I need to do to change to another Broadband Internet service?

If your area is serviceable for another Optus Broadband product, you can stay on the Optus network. You can check whether your premises are serviceable by visiting us online in store or calling us on 1300 133 643.

Alternatively, you can see whether your premises is serviceable for a broadband service with another provider.  If you change providers, you will lose your Optus email address.

What if I don’t need the service or email address anymore?

You don’t need to do anything. If you no longer need your Optus Dial Up Internet Service or the associated email it will be cancelled from 15 November 2019.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Optus DSL Closure

As we continue to build a network that’s fit for the future, occasionally we have to say goodbye to older technologies and products. To find out more about these changes please refer to the FAQs or contact our dedicated team on 1300 133 643.

If you’ve received communication regarding your Optus DSL closure, as of the 14/02/2020 – you will no longer have access to your service and any Optus email addresses that are attached. If you did not receive communication, you are not affected by these changes.

Keep in mind, there may be an alternative internet service available for your address. You can check availability by entering your details in our address serviceability checker or you can also contact the team on 133 937.

FAQ's

Why is my Optus DSL service being closed?

As we continue to focus on developing new products and changing the way our teams support our customers, we occasionally need to assess what services we offer. As a result of system changes to help our teams deliver exceptional service, we are no longer able to offer some of our DSL services.

We’re committed to managing the closure of your service so that you’re supported in finding an alternate service with Optus if one is available to you. You can find our nbn™ plans here and our Wireless Broadband plans here.

What do I need to do to change to another Broadband Internet service?

If your area is serviceable for another Optus Broadband product, you can stay on the Optus network. You can check whether your premises are serviceable by visiting us online, in store or calling us on 133 937. We recommend you do this before the 11/12/2019 to ensure that you’re not without an internet service.

Alternatively, you can see whether your premises is serviceable for a broadband service with another provider. If you change providers, you will lose your Optus email address.

Can I keep my Optus email address?

If you have another active Broadband service with Optus, you should give us a call on 1300 133 643 to discuss your options for keeping the address. If you intend on transferring to an alternative Optus Broadband product, you can discuss with our Sales team about keeping the same username. Once your new service is active, we may be able to transfer your username to your new service.

What if I don’t need the service or email address anymore?

You don’t need to do anything. If you no longer need your Optus DSL Internet service or the associated email it will be cancelled from the 14/02/2020.

What If I’m not serviceable for any other Optus products?

Unfortunately, we’ll be unable to provide you with a service. You will need to contact an alternate provider.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors