cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Dial Tone On Landline Phone

For some bizarre reason, for the past couple of days, rather than a dial tone I hear a ‘beeping’ sound. A friend suggested it could be  Optus Voice Mail. Since I didn’t set up Voice Mail, I don’t understand how this could be the problem. I can receive and make calls. Has anyone experienced this or know what it might be? I’m so reluctant to call Tech Support as my past and recent dealings with them have shown them up to be useless. Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Dial Tone On Landline Phone

Have a look at this:

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/set-up-voicemail-options-fixed-phone?requestType=Normal...

Looks liek it was already setup, though will need you to run through the initial steps listed.

If you dont need to hear if a message was left, you can use the link to chat to Optus to have them remove voicemail from your service.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hi

Certainly this is the sound you get when someone has left a voice mail.

I would dial *96 and see if your voicemail is active.

www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/set-up-voicemail-options-fixed-phone?requestType=NormalRequest&...

Dave

@Paddylee as often happens too late with my post and more informative from you.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Paddy. I took the plunge and phoned and despite the waiting response time I was fortunate to FINALLY speak with a lady who knows her job. Problem fixed within minutes by removing messages and voice mail. A positive outcome from a string  of many negatives. So thanks.

George

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Dave. Between you and Paddy, the problem is now resolved. Much appreciate your response and advice. George

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Great works as per usual @Davelew @Paddylee

If any questions come up in the future, you know where to find us @geom

Have a great evening 🙂 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos