cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Crispy
New Contributor

Delay in receiving some emails

I have an optusnet email address and receive my mail on a Mac using Outlook for Mac.

I intermittently have an issue when I do not receive emails until up to 12 hrs after they have been sent.  As I work admin from home this can cause a major issue because I am being asked to revised urgent documents and am not receiving these requests.

If I check webmail, it seems to reflect the same thing - I am not getting them until hours after they have been sent. 

There must be some solution to this.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Delay in receiving some emails

Is it all emails or just from a particular person?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jarek
New Contributor

Hi,

I have not received emails from a specific gmail account to my optusnet.com.au, now they come through but with a considerable deley. In general, messages from gmail accounts seem to be comming slowly.

Is it just me or is there a genearl problem?

Regards

Jarek

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Well if it’s only from Gmail then maybe the problem is with them or the person who is sending the emails. Short of the Optus mail servers going down I have not read of any other complaints. Is this person who is sending from Gmail able to send email from another service for the sake of a test?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Jarek
New Contributor

Hi,

I've just been on the phone with an Optus tachnical support person (I am pleasently surprised how quickly they responded, chat first then a phone contact).

Based on what I've been told, there is an issue with Optus mail server(s) and some messages (not just gmail) do get delayed. In this instance, the masseg that still has not arived has attachements which puts it towards the end of the queue.  Other messages (just text) from the samae gmail account have arrived but with some delay.

I was assured that the message will eventually arrive once the problem is fully resolved.

Jarek

0 Kudos
New Contributor Crispy
New Contributor

No, they are from different sources (though mainly from my employer as they send me the most on a daily basis)

0 Kudos
New Contributor Fedup43
New Contributor

I have same problem. I am trying to retrieve a stolen Steam account and set up extra malware software but all the verification code emails are taking hours to arrive so by the time I get them, they are expired.  One today took 11 hours. Another 5 hours. I rang optus and chatted twice but no-one knew anything useful.  They did not put me onto someone with knowledge.  I have been trying for nearly 48 hours.  Tried sending codes to other addresses of my family but they are on optus on my account and are delayed as well.  It’s a complete farce.  

0 Kudos
New Contributor Fedup43
New Contributor

Just got an email which says a request has been made to change your password. It is 13hours old!!!! It is from optus.  

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum.
Please follow our complaints process.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Fedup43
New Contributor

Optus could explain why it happens or why they can’t fix it. Surely a forum is a suitable place for that?

0 Kudos