Searching...

Deduction of around $250 for Fetch TV Box not due

Aftab

An year ago I was advised by Optus that I do not need to return Fetch TV old box, as I was entering a new agreement. Despite that  advice an amount of around $280 was direct debited from my account. For the last one year I have been asked to return old Fetch TV box so that around $280 wrongly charged could be refunded or adjusted. Two weeks ago I asked Optus to send me a sachet so that I can return the old Fetch TV box which I could hardly found in my garage. I haven't received that sachet (envelope) as yet. I am thinking what other options are available with me to get the money wrongly charged by Optus returned. 

Re: Deduction of around $250 for Fetch TV Box not due

petergdownload

You were possibly incorrectly advised a few years ago. Optus retains ownership of all its fetch TV boxes (we just lease them)  and requires them all to be returned. You wouldn't need to return it if your new plan included a Fetch TV Box (and assuming you don't now have two)

But best thing is to return it. The money will be automatically credited back to your account once the box arrives back at Optus. Getting satchels can sometimes go awry. Contact LIVECHAT again and simply request another be sent out. Double check the address they have on file. Perhaps select your business address? 

Make sure you keep the Consignment number of the satchel when they come to pick it up. This is the only way its possible to return the box BTW.

Peter Gillespie

Dan_C

@Aftab, I'm happy to go in and order the return satchel for you. 

Send us a private message with your details. I'll need your full name, DOB and account number. 

I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Aftab

I had already requested Optus 20 days ago to send me Satchel. I was advised on phone that I shall receive it within a week. Now more than 20 days have passed but I have not received the Satchel. My address is correct because I get the bill every month  from Optus without fail. I do not understand why Optus is making me run from pillar to post for the last one year for no fault of mine.   

Wesley-J

Hey Aftab - please send us a private message, with your full name, DOB and service/account number. We will follow up on the return satchel that was meant to have been sent to you. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Wes

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Aftab

Please provide me a phone number on which I can contact Optus to send me Satchel. I can't afford to waste any further time in merry go round. Any way thanks for your support. 

Tano

Hey @Aftab, our Customer Care team is available on 133937. Alternatively, feel free to send through a private message and we'll do what we can to help.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
66 Kudos
39 Kudos
32 Kudos
30 Kudos
18 Kudos