cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Day of email missing when downloaded

We have our optusnet email set up to download from the server onto our PC via Outlook. We generally check emails on a mobile email app, and then open Outlook on our PC as needed (once a week or so). When we opened Outlook today, emails from 23/12/19 and earlier downloaded as well as emails from today. However we are missing emails specifically from 24/12/19 that we know we received (as we had looked at them in the mobile app). We have checked on Optus webmail and the emails are not showing there either.

Can anyone help us find where these emails may be? Some are very important.

Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Day of email missing when downloaded

When you viewed mail on the 24th on the mobile app did you move, delete or do something different and what is the mobile app and how is it setup? If the mail is not showing in webmail then I don't like your chances of finding your missing mail.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks, Yeldarb - we didn't do anything different and made no setup changes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

What mobile app are you using and how is it setup that you viewed the emails on the 24th but now they are gone? I suspect Outlook is set to remove emails from the server and your mobile app is just viewing them without altering anything.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It's just the standard Android mail app that came with the phone. As mentioned in my original question, I have Outlook set up to remove mail from the server once downloaded. It seems to have glitched when I opened it up today. I was wondering whether anyone else had a similar problem and whether they had been able to retrieve those emails?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It may have been the Android mail that glitched. Check the advanced options to make sure it's not removing mail from the server. You could try speaking with support about mail recovery however I have not read of anyone having any success with this.

0 Kudos