Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Data Usage for Mobile Broadband - not showing up?

I have a mobile data broadband service (200Gb) since 27/10 and I have never been able to see my daily data usage. Online is blank and the MyOptus app is a total only. Issue is that 3 days ago my data was at 140Gb and then the next day I get an sms from Optus advising 170Gb was used. I checked the app and the total usage went to 188Gb? Its now at 199GB?

Anyone else have the issue of not getting a daily breakdown?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Date Usage for Mobile Broadband - not showing up?

My 200GB plan stopped showing the daily breakdown some time ago. From what I understand it's the same for all MBB customers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder if it is the same for all ISP's? Surely Optus have to let us know a breakdown of daily data when we are on an set limit? It's not ideal nor perhaps legal? surely they have to at least detail what I have used before they charge the 10Gb? Not sure how I used 58Gb in 3 days and not sure Optus can actually prove it? think i will cancel and go elsewhere

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Not sure about that but my Testra data sim does not show a daily breakdown either. I don't know why they did away with the breakdown and given you can't monitor it with anything else it does make life difficult chasing discrepancies.

Edit: I'm actually using the wrong term as the daily breakdown is still displayed. It was the break down of the daily usage that was removed some time ago.

The picture below is what I see in the Optus account portal. Is this the information you are missing?

data-usage-daily.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes.. that is exactly what I don't see..I see it for mobile but not broadband. It's a pretty poor system where you can't keep track of usage..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Ok so when you login to the Optus account portal you don't get the big circular graph either? I assume you have setup the Optus account portal for your MBB account?

data-usage-graph.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I see the circle with the usage % and that's all. Account is setup as correct as you can..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If you click on the graph itself it should take you to the My Services page. Once on the My Services page you click on the data total it should take you to the daily usage.

data-usage-.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

yep, I see that in the app and online but that is all I get - when I click it does nothing unlike the mobile service which has below it a data breakdown and usage button..

here is what i see online SmartSelect_20191223-154352_OneDrive.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

From time to time I have had issues with blank pages however I think your MBB has not been correctly added to your account portal given your mobile works. I think I would be having a word with support to see if they can fix the issue as daily usage totals are definitely included with MBB. Apologies for my first response as I think that's the second time I have confused myself with daily and hourly totals.

0 Kudos