Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Dave1978
New Contributor
New Contributor

Dangerous cable not being removed

Hello everyone,

I'm having difficulty reaching Optus to remove a dangerous cable in the front of my house. The Optus cable leading from the power lines to my house was excessively stretched after a council tree branch collapsed on it. Efforts to email, message and phone Optus aren't seeming to get this dangerous cable removed from my yard.

Any advice on how Optus can help me remove this safety hazard before someone gets hurt?

Regards,

Dave

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Dangerous cable not being removed

Hi Dave,

The cables aren't excessively dangerous as they don't supply much power over them (they're not electricity cables)

I believe usually you just let Optus know and the next time a van is in the area they'll diconnect it.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Dangerous cable not being removed

Hi Dave,

Thanks for raising this with us and I'm sorry no one has been able to assist.

We will need to book an appointment to have a technician sent over to remove the cable. Please feel free to send me a private message with your full name, contact number and address. I'll get the first available appointment booked in for you and respond with the details.

Thanks,

Toomey

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos