Searching...
Highlighted

DSL light on, internet light off.

Juckula

Hi all. Recently moved house from a NBN suburb to non-NBN suburb (now ADSL2+). Modem is showing solid green power and DSL lights but no internet connection light whatsoever. Have turned modem on and off a number of times, have tried both wall ports, have tried factory reset. There are no other devices eg phones requiring line filtering. All no joy. Any advice appreciated. Have been in contact with Optus staff a number of times, matter unresolved.

Re: DSL light on, internet light off.

Yeldarb

Hmm normally the internet light will flicker a handful of times even if the username password combination is wrong. Having said that are you sure you have the correct details in the modem and have you verified these with support? If you have dsl sync then 9 times out of 10 it’s a password username combination error. Either that or you have a dead modem.

Juckula

Yeah B, I reckon you're right on the username/password issue. Getting a temporary password that doesn't get rejected as expired has been a problem.

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Yes I read many posts about this temporary password loop but I must say that nobody has ever explained to me what causes the problem so I don’t know how to fix it. How are you doing the password reset and where is password reset authorisation link or code going to?

Edit: I should have asked have you registered for the My Account portal as password resets and such are simplified through that.

http://www.optus.com.au/business/support/answer/internet-email-username-password-help?requestType=No...

Juckula

Password resets are done by Optus folk, I get an email/SMS advising of temp password that must be changed in a few days. I think there may be an issue caused by the fact that I have two usernames - one for existing mobile  account and then a new one created when I got NBN service.  Bit odd considering all was working incredibly well at last place. 

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

This is different service again and you need to ask them to reset you adsl password as it should be different from your prevous service. If they gave you new email that would be your username.  I would also ask them to verify your username for the adsl service before you do another reset.

Juckula

Thanks I'll do this tomorrow. Don't like my chances of getting assistance this evening. Cheers.

Yeldarb

Just make sure you verify the username as well. Good luck. Smiley Happy

Juckula

After verifying username (no change) and obtaining temp password, I'm advised that service takes 48 hrs to activate. Is this correct? Odd that email received from Optus said hook your modem up and you're good to go. Restarted modem again, got home from work to find a solid red internet light. Restarted modem, back to square one (refer subject of chat). I'm just frustrated now, been waiting a while on hold, i appear to get more productive assistance from this page than optus itself.

Yeldarb

Is this adsl a brand new service as in never been used before?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
74 Kudos
53 Kudos
38 Kudos
25 Kudos