Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

DSL light green and stable but no internet

Njohn12

DSL light is green and steady but no internet. The issue is going on for almost a month now. Optus technical guys arranged for line testing 2 times eventhough the DSL was ON  and replaced 3 modems. Still the issue is going on. Some issue with my account settings it seems. I am able to login to webmail with the temporary password but if I try to change it, it says successful but not able to login with the password I have set. Not sure what the issue is. Even Optus technical team is hopeless. Posting it here to see if I can get some resolution. 

When I try to login to member services it says the below

"Your mail ID hasn't been confirmed yet for login."

Re: DSL light green and stable but no internet

Ray_YC

If it's a fault which from your description it sounds like it is, it isn't able to be resolved here unfortunately. Do you have a fault ticket number?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Njohn12

21202185 Is the case raised for investigating the fault in line.  But I don’t think there is a fault in the line as DSL light is steady green and the modem diagnostics page shows connection okay but failed to authenticate with ISP

Ray_YC

Thanks for that. It says a technician appointment was required and the line fault was resolved a few days ago so that sounds right.

Have you tried all listed DSL troubleshooting?

I'll have a go at contacting someone in Networks to take a closer look.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Njohn12

Yes I have done all the troubleshooting But step 6 does not say what to do if the internet light is off. 

Solution

Ray_YC

I have received the following response:

The original fault was raised for no sync.
Taking another look at this, I found the PVC had been deleted, which will have caused the login problem.

The PVC has been recreated & the modem, assuming it's programmed with the correct username & password, will be able to login.

Njohn12

AT LAST!!!!  my internet is working now 🥳 After wasting hours and hours with tech support people over phone and chat for almost a month, 2 fault line case and 2 modem replacement (eventhough issue was something else) finally I am getting a resolution here. I should have done this before. 

You are awesome man!!!! Thank you very much. 

Please update the tech team knowledge base so that no one else should have the same fate. 

Thanking you again 

Ray_YC

Great to hear it's finally resolved. You're very welcome, credit to the tech person who actually fixed it, I just passed on the message with some urgency. ☺️ 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
51 Kudos
50 Kudos
30 Kudos
20 Kudos