cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

DSL Outage Southern Gold Coadt

Out adsl has been down since a huge electrical storm came through Monday night Fe 26th.  Technician told us on Tuesday afternoon problem was at Telstras end and would be sorted by March 8.  Got a text to confirm that.  Next day got a text stating problem would be fixed by 7pm on Feb 28th.  It’s now March 2nd and still no internet .  Got told by technician we could purchase mobile dongle to use in meantime and claim back cost once problem is fixed but we’re too worried to do so as last time we had same sort of issue where we had to make a claim we were told conversation with technician didn’t happen and we’re called liars.  

Just want to get our internet back and working and not spend hours on the phone hearing different lines about what the problem may or may not be then sit around waiting for technicians that don’t show up.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: DSL Outage Southern Gold Coadt

I've seen a few posts in regards to the storms on Gold Coast, my apologies that repairs are still underway. Unfortunately there have been many delays due to the nature of the network and high workloads for the wholesaler. If you can send through your fault reference number, I'll check the recent notes for any updates.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Toomey.  The reference number is 18231774. The first text and phone call indicated the fix date was 8/3/18 then 2 hours later a second text citing the same reference number stated the fix would happen by 7pm on 28/2/18 which clearly isn’t the case.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

No worries. Notes from 28/02 advise a technician repaired a faulty MDF and tested the service successfully. There hasn't been any progress since then, but the fault ticket is still active so I have sent a referral to the team handling your case to advise of your comments. Someone will follow up directly in the coming days.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Toomey

0 Kudos