cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

DSL Light Flashing

Signed up for the ADSL plan with Optus and had connection for all of about a week. And then the DSL light started flashing on the modem. Contacted support and was told this is a Telstra line fault. It is day 5 now  and still no internet and all Optus seems to do is point the finger at Telstra. Anyone else can assist?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: DSL Light Flashing

I guess if Telstra own the lines they would be the only ones that could fix it. 5 days or 3 working days if you take out the weekend is still a very short amount of time I would think. Did they give you a time frame for this work to be done? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

no, no time frame were given. All they seem to come back with is that "a technician is working on it" and I get very conflicting replies. which is what is frustrating. One told me, the line is active and it isn't Telstra's line fault. Another says it is and that I was to check with the neighbours as they are likely to be affected too. I did check and theirs is fine. No one seems to be able to give me anything definitive which is frustrating

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yes dealing with Optus on issues like this can be painful and persistence seems to be the only thing that works. You have checked all your wires and restarted your modem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Cheryl0810, sorry to hear of your ongoing internet issues here 😕 What was your postcode there? I'll check to see if I can find anything related to this fault for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yep..all wires are hooked up correctly

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

3123. I am advised it is Telstra line fault but this is day 7 and still nothing. Was told it would have been solved yesterday by 5pm but still NOTHING. Optus is rubbish

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hmm I can't see any reported issues affecting that post code. Do you have a fault reference number from Tech Support? These begin with 18 and get sent via SMS.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

18181364. The latest update is that the back end team is working on it with no ETA on when this would be resolved. I want to move provider and instead Optus wants to slap me with termination fee when the service worked all of 6.5days and now has been faulty for 7 days.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for that. Notes on 18/02 advise there was an unplanned outage in your area that the wholesale network provider was looking into, I'm afraid this would affect you regardless of ISP. They advised an ETR of 21/02 which has obviously passed with no resolution. The team handling with your case will now follow up with the wholesaler for an update and then get back to you asap. My apologies for the on-going run around, any plan fees incurred during days with no service can be assessed for compensation once the fault is resolved.

0 Kudos