Searching...
Highlighted

DSL Broadband very slow

JoelJ

I bought my DSL connection from Optus on 24th June 2016. I was promised of ADSL 2+ but the speed never goes above 3Mbps. This is slower than ADSL 1.

I cant stream HD, even SD quality keeps on buffering. Skype calls constantly keep getting stuck or get disconnected.

Tried contacting Optus through chat, finally gave up after waiting close to half an hour.

My location is Hoppers Crossing.

Can anybody help me to get in touch with Optus to resolve this.

speed-29-08-2016.jpg

Re: DSL Broadband very slow

caaf

Hi there,

Are you able to supply actual modem stats/connection info?

Promise? I doubt that term was used mind you could be connected to a ADSL2 port so the "promise". Old be fulfilled. As there plenty of variances that can affect the connection speed can be impeded very easily.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

JoelJ

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply,

Will this do?

status.jpg

caaf

Thanks for getting back. That's some of it. Hunt out Line Attenuation, line noise ect.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

JoelJ

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please tell me under which section I could find these settings? or should I run some thid party tools?

Marie

Really sorry to hear that JoelJ Smiley Sad 

Have you tried contacting our 24/7 Tech Team on 131344?

If so did they provide you with a fault reference number we could take a look at?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

JoelJ

Thanks Marie

I will contact them. I tried contacting through chat but I had to wait close to 30-45 mins and finally I gave up.

I will contact the custoer line and post any ref number if they provide.

Marie

Thanks JoelJ Smiley Happy Let us know how you go

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

caaf

Although it's in the hands of. Mods ect I thought I'd atleast reply. Not having that device I'm unable to assist. I'd imagine you be very close finding the area which will state Connection type, Line Attenution, Noise ect. Still I recon you're in good hands now.

Cheers Dave

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
74 Kudos
53 Kudos
38 Kudos
25 Kudos