cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Techie2u
New Contributor

DNS resolution issue

Why does Optus block or fail to resolve "rh.dokeos.com"???

I've tried it at my work (who use optus), on my Optus mobile and on my home Optus cable broadband. All fail to resolve:

$  nslookup rh.dokeos.com
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

If I use a public DNS eg, Google DNS, it works:

$ nslookup rh.dokeos.com 8.8.8.8
Server:        8.8.8.8
Address:    8.8.8.8#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    rh.dokeos.com
Address: 37.59.228.248

This DNS resolution was working on Friday. But now today (Monday) it's not working. This is frustrating!!

Come on Optus, fix the issue! Just hoping someone at Optus sees this and can fix it. I tried the online chat support but they didn't seem to know what was going on.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
New Contributor Techie2u
New Contributor

Re: DNS resolution issue

<deleted>

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Hi Techie2u are you still having trouble accessing the site? I'm not having any trouble on my end

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Techie2u
New Contributor

Optus have fixed their DNS servers now.

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Great to hear 😄 Have a good one

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor opt-us-out
Occasional Contributor

Constantly getting DNS lookup time outs.  But likewise if i use an open DNS server like 8.8.8.8 not problems.  alternatively if i reboot my router, then DNS requests come back.  What is going on?  It's as though DNS server authentication times out based on a DHCP setting of my WAN address or something(?)

0 Kudos
New Contributor chrisfryer
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue (now years later)

Seems Optus DNS is not In-sync with the rest of the world.

I have registered a new A-Record with iinet (and confirmed it has propergated globally) - However my Optus Mobile will not resolve the IP address.

Can someone please post the DNS replication delay for Optus Mobile Servers (I'm using the "yesinternet" APN). 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Tags (1)
0 Kudos