cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Bige
New Contributor

Customer service experience

Someone once asked, why optus customer service is so terrible?
Well here’s what I have experienced so far:
There are some customers
- who feel unimportant
- not being treated fairly
- complaints not being handled or addressed; simply because,
There are people trained to help them
- that aren’t treated as part of the company but being reminded as people getting paid to work for the company
- that are being doubted and punished for others’ false accusations
- and listens to those customers’ complaints but no one even asked how they are
Next step:
I, as a customer service representative will influence people to be of better service;
or,
I, as a customer will influence the community to find better service.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Customer service experience

We do welcome the feedback @Bige

Just to let you know, there are some massive changes on the horizon. Our whole customer service model has been revamped entirely. In fact, it's already begun, and the impact of the change is reflected in our most recent NPS/Customer satisfaction results. I'm confident that the business is going in the right direction. 

I understand that your experience has been a letdown, but we've taken all of the feedback on board and have shifted our focus to improving customer experience for the better. 

If you'd like to learn more, there are number of articles which have been recently published.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Bige
New Contributor

Your response is just an example on focusing to customers alone.
Have you ever considered what kind of experience are we giving the people working for Optus? If they are in a fair and fun environment?
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Bige,

Just clarifying, do you mean you are one of us? An Optus employee?

If so, there are definitely more "official" avenues to provide your important feedback such as the current annual internal survey and others. In fact Dan and I (along with other staff all across the company) have an upcoming face to face session with senior management that presents this very opportunity 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Bige
New Contributor

Let’s just say i’m both. And dont get me wrong, my intention is to improve customer service management as being part of it because now i fully understand why there are a lot of unhappy customers, like me as well, because of the unhealthy management of this department.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor lance1965
Occasional Contributor

The experience we have had with Optus has been the absolute worst of our lifetime.  Almost 7 weeks of phone calls going back and forth and still no internet service. The last time we had internet installed in our previous location with Comcast it took less than 24 hours. We are looking for a different ISP now as we can't wait forever.

0 Kudos