cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Currently on Broadband HFC

Hi

I am currently on Optus' Broadband HFC, Optus has been messaging me prior to COVID19 to switch over to NBN,  we just hadn't gotten around to it.

Like most Australian's, I am now working from home, I cannot afford to have my internet connection disconnected, nor am I really comfortable having a technician come to my house to setup an NBN connection for me.

What are my options? I've tried calling Optus numerous times, but the lines are constatntly down.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Currently on Broadband HFC

Have you looked into Wireless Broadband (200GB and 500GB options)?

We'll send out the modem  + SIM via courier.

Also, check for 5G Home Broadband elegible (unlimited data) .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Currently on Broadband HFC

Hi,  @Nescent .  Did you resolve this?  When you say you are currently on HFC, do you mean Cable Broadband at NBN speeds?  I'm not sure if there's a difference, but I am in a similar situation I think.  We have had Optus cable broadband on 100mbps for at least 2 years now.  I am now getting letters saying I must switch to NBN.  When I check my address on the optus site, it says my address is FTTN ready.

I'm concerned that my speeds on FTTN will be slower than the current cable connection.  What's more, the original copper line has been disconnected.  I think it is still under the house somewhere, but not sure of it's condition.

According to this site http://nbnmtm.australiaeast.cloudapp.azure.com/nbnmtm.html the people on the other side of the street have HFC, but my address is listed as FTTN.  I have no idea where the 'Node" is located, but it is not in the neighboring streets so far as I can tell.  

0 Kudos