cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Dr_Krueger
Occasional Contributor

Crap Customer Service

So here’s the deal.
Early February this year (2018) I asked an Optus operator if I could speak to someone IN Australia. Not AN Australian, just someone IN Sydney. (I had spent 10+ hours on the phone, mostly on hold, and writing to Optus to resolve a reasonably simple issue.)
This perfectly reasonable request resulted in the operator screaming )literally) at me that I was a racist, so I hung up. He then proceeded to call me, 5 times in a row, abuse me with a variety of unimaginative insults – giggle & then hang up. I responded to him the first time, telling him why I wanted to speak to someone in Sydney.

So after several more calls with, predictably, zero results – I posted to YesCrowd. Voila, original issue resolved within 36 hours. Great. The YesCrowd folk get stuff done !

My complaint about being called an abused by an Optus member of staff has not gone so smoothly.

What follows is the latest response (this is an ongoing 7 week exercise in frustration) from the OPTUS customer Relation Group followed by my response which includes 2 previous response from me.
(names and numbers have been altered yaddah yaddah yaddah)

-----Original Message-----
From: Customer.noreply@optus.com.au [mailto:Customer.noreply@optus.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, 5 April 2018 5:47 PM
To: Customer-X@gmail.com
Subject: Customer Relations Group | Account Number “Customer-X-Acct#”

Hi Mr “Customer X”,
Our system will be only be able to record outgoing calls made to your landline service which is the reason why I have asked you to take note of the date and time that harassment call you received so we can further investigate.

Thank you.

“Customer Relations Executive # 2”

Customer Relations Executive
Customer Relations Group
Ph: 1300135014
CustomerRelations@optus.com.au

Sent: Thursday, 5 April 2018 6:12 PM
To: Customer.noreply@optus.com.au
Subject: Customer Relations Group | Account Number “Customer-X-Acct#” | Case 1457-3422142)

Hello.

I have provided you with correct case number 3 times now.
The most recent being 2 weeks ago and originally 5 weeks ago.
Both are provided below.  Again.
On the most recent occasion I even put the correct case number in the subject line.

Are you now telling me that you cannot locate the case file ?

Sent: Saturday, 24 March 2018 10:30 AM
To: CustomerRelations@optus.com.au
Subject: reference no. 1457-3422142 for your other concern about Optus operator whose harassing you : Customer Relations Group | Account Number “Customer-X-Acct#”

Hello “Customer Relations Executive # 2”

As stated at least 3 times during our conversation yesterday, I don’t have the exact date of the calls.
The 4 or 5 calls were on the same day and all were within a 10 minute period.
As my service provider surely you must have a record of my incoming and outgoing calls, I regularly clear my iphone SE call history  - so I don’t have a record.

The reference # for the case is 1457-3422142 . See email below.
I am very surprised that, between the YesCrowd history and the case numbers AND several calls, you cannot locate the requisite information.

To be quite frank, I don’t give a fat rats’ patoot how you deal with him the operator in question.
Perhaps he just had a brain fart that day or perhaps he has a history of this kind of behaviour – either way this is an Optus problem, not a Me problem.

I have wasted at least 6 hours on this and I feel that compensation is due.
3 months credit on my phone and internet service should suffice.
Quite honestly as far as I am concerned the only future communication on this matter should be verification that my accounts have been credited.

Note that I will also be dropping this information on a YesCrowd operator as this seems to be the only place where records are kept & action is taken in a timely manner !

Let me state this emphatically and AGAIN – Any further communication on this matter will be by email – as some Optus operators seem to have trouble taking accurate notes or updating case file at all.

Kind regards from a long time and fairly peeved OPTUS customer.
Customer-X
“o427 xxx nnn”
'
From: Customer.noreply@optus.com.au [mailto:Customer.noreply@optus.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, 1 March 2018 10:22 AM
To: Customer-X@gmail.com
Subject: Customer Relations Group | Account Number “Customer-X-Acct#”

Mr. Customer-X,

Good Day!

- You don't need to return your current modem unless it's FETCH BOX. We're only sending return satchel for fetch box not the usual modem that customer's using like (sagemcom or netgear).

- I processed the modem replacement with reference no. 276783 and it will take 3 to 5 business days for you to receive it. If in any case you got issues on tracking the modem then let me know so I can check it for you.

- Here's the reference no. 1457-3422142 for your other concern about Optus operator whose harassing you. It will be handled by diffierent Case Manager and they will get back to you within 3 - 5 business days.

Thanks you.

“Customer Relations Executive # 1”

Customer Relations Executive
Customer Relations Group

Our Reference: COM 1476-3575240

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Occasional Contributor

Re: Crap Customer Service

I forgot to mention this and it is just brilliant.

Customer Service Rep #2 attempted to contact me for the best part of a week on a mobile number that was not mine.

Not even close to mine, only 2 of the 10 digits were the same.

I then suggested that they use the only mobile number Ive had with Optus since my Optus iphone 3 & the subsequent 4 , 5 , 6 & SE.

Unbelievably, truly incredibly they could not find it ! ("they" being gender nuetral)

After a week or so of this I provided Optus , by email, with My optus Mobile number ... which is tied to my Optus Cable & is the ONLY number Ive had in more than 10 years....... with the proviso that they only called on the weekend and that I much preffered written communication.

So you can gueswhen they actually called.

Even after proivdinng my Optus mobile number and the Optus case number, ast least 3 times, they still cant seem to locate tyhe original case which will have all the notations and times from the original otus service rep.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

please ignore the typos . . ..

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Sent: Saturday, 14 April 2018 8:23 AM
To: CustomerRelations@optus.com.au
Subject: Account Number 116******119 | Case 1457-3422142

Hello.

9 days have passed since I last provided you with correct case number . . . . . 4 times now.
Both are provided below. Again.
On the most recent occasion I even put the correct case number in the subject line.

Are you now telling me that you cannot locate the case file ?

0 Kudos
New Contributor docker1210
New Contributor

The thing that gets me is ut's like the old public service I will transfer you and then sorry I need to transfer you. This has cost me hours with no results. Someone will turn up in a couple of day. So I do not work for 2 days and hope it gets sorted. If we cannot have an internet connection that works 99.9% of the time what are we paying for. The chat people are not at fault. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors