Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Covid Fee relief

I have multiple Optus services and accounts . Due to covid 19 I now have zero income and for the foreseeable future. What fee relief is possible please during this time?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Covid Fee relief

I suspect you will need to rationalise things a bit. There are government programs offering funds for people affected as you are, do check them out.
Talk to Optus Hardship line (they are prioritising callers in your position) and no doubt have a range of options that could be applied.

https://www.optus.com.au/about/legal/financial-hardship
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Peter. Yes, I've been to that linked page already multiple times but there's no way further beyond that and I can't get through to a human by phone no matter what I try. Just many blind alleys, dead ends.  If there is indeed a hardship team, I'd love to know how to reach them!  🙂  Thanks for your speedy reply though!!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@thepal wrote:

If there is indeed a hardship team, I'd love to know how to reach them!  🙂  

Official statement:

If you are experiencing financial hardship and need to discuss your options, or if you’re eligible for the Government Coronavirus financial support and are experiencing extreme hardship, please Message Us on My Optus App.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Maybe the Team is too busy counselling itself? I agree the portals all seem busted and delayed at the moment. I can only suggest you keep ringing the number (and try the app messaging as suggested). People are getting through though but its going to take a few attempts it seems.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks mate! Yes, I've tried a message now (via the phone - the only option... annoying!) won't keep doing the phone... I've got bigger fish to fry with the banks, other utilities and ATO/Centrelink! But thank you!! Take care... keep your head down! Be safe!

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I don't think you qualify for the Optus $150 plan but if you're tight for mobile data you could try the Boost $150 plan that gives 120Gb for use over 6 or 12 months (or $12.50 a month for 10Gb) Something to check out anyway as you reduce costs. Good Luck.
0 Kudos