cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cost of interstate phone calls by landline is outrageous once over one hour!!

VERY annoyed that a landline phone call to a lifelong friend (stuck in lockdown Melbourne), has been charged at ten dollars (rather than the standard two dollars) due to being over one hour !! I cannot visit her, nor can she even have her family visit her!

I call my elderly mother in a Melbourne aged care facility each week, and only pay two dollars for nearly one hour!

From now on I will use my mobile phone as it has a FIXED monthly cost !!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Cost of interstate phone calls by landline is outrageous once over one hour!!

Optus has no idea what you use your phone for. They very clearly set out the costs for using a landline (Capped at $2 for the first hour). You had a chat for 90 minutes and so the cost is $10.

As a simple solution try:

1) Just hang up after 50 minutes and call back. The clock resets
or
2) Get your mother to call you. There's $0 cost for incoming calls on Optus.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Cost of interstate phone calls by landline is outrageous once over one hour!!

And review the plan you are on and see if there is anything more suitable.

Highlighted

Hey @Speedy68, that charge breakdown would be listed in your Plan Cost and Critical Information Summary as @petergdownload has mentioned.

However we absolutely understand the need to stay connected especially at the moment. If you could please raise this with us via the My Optus App as we are unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd. We can review that current setup to see if there is anything more suitable 

0 Kudos