Searching...

Cooling off period

heyhoris

Does optus provide a cooling off period for NBN internet? I'm not happy with my internet and I've been into optus and customer service and nothing has changed and I want to end my contact instead of paying for internet I can't use!

Re: Cooling off period

[ Edited ]
10000000000GB

My understanding is that cooling off only applies to salesmen who approach you with surprise tactics.

I take it your NBN is slow during peak hours. Only trying Telstra or Aussie BB etc, is your option. There is no try before you buy.

How bad is your NBN? Remember that billions of Australians are suffering with the Malcolm Turnip Mess.

heyhoris

Really bad I cant connect anything to the internet. When it does decide to work it works for at the most, 5minutes. I've only had my NBN connected for 9days and nothing has improved.

[ Edited ]
10000000000GB

That's TIO bad

https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint

Just make sure you know what your objective is. If your copper line is corroded, Telstra or Aussie BB may be no better.

Highlighted

petergdownload

With the change to the NBN, ISPs are now somewhat obligated to provide the NBN speeds listed. If you're not recieving them  then the general ISP response is to allow you to cancel your contract without penalty. Lodge an official complaint (written letter if possible). If it doesn't improve Optus should let you go.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
76 Kudos
71 Kudos
40 Kudos
30 Kudos