Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor Petescott
New Contributor

Cooling Off Periods

Can anyone tell me what the cooling off period is for a "bundle" contract?

I can't locate it on the Optus site and the operator I spoke to wasn't sure either!

Also is the date off commencement - the date of signing up or the date of installation?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cooling Off Periods

I think if you initiated the purchase there is no cooling off period. Section 11 “CANCELLING THE SERVICE “ in the document below gives you the full details.

http://www.optus.com.au/opfiles/Aboutoptus/Legal/SharedStaticFiles/SharedDocuments/ConsumerTerms.doc

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Hey Peterscott, we'd be sorry to see you go 😞 What was the reason you wanted to exit the bundle contract? Was there anything at all we could provide assistance with?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Sireli
New Contributor

Customer Service is a joke

Just spent more than 1 hour on hold and being passed around diffrent departments. Counting down the days to when my contract ends. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY SOOOO REGRETING IT !!!!

New Contributor Sireli
New Contributor

Re: Customer Service is a joke

and all because they cannot answer one simple question...FRUSTRATING!!!

0 Kudos
New Contributor Hotrider
New Contributor

I am looking also as internet is slower now with Optus than previously! Without using fetch! And modem died after a few days. So using old modem. Contacted them and after 1 hr they said I had good speed after I showed them the network settings and wi fi setup as they had no idea! All they can do is promos on NBN. Which is not on any schedular for this location. I will not be living here by the time nbn is installed! Plus the fetch app does not work properly with bugs glitches and no Audio at times?

great deal and good concept just not exicuted well! Looking at going back to Telstra!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
New Contributor Las007
New Contributor

Switch to Optus Cable from Telstra ADSL 2+ internet is so slow. Optus not allowing to cancel service. Terminate calls when complain. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hey @Las007, apologies for the delay in responding back. I hope that since posting you've been able to get in touch with someone to help out with this?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor angeras
New Contributor

Re: Customer Service is a joke

real joke... Suffering now after an excruciating wait for an hour talking to 4 different consultants!! looks like they are not learning their lessons for years! if you sign up with Optus, you will get high blood pressure, totally free! stay away from these guys!!
0 Kudos