Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
MBradney
New Contributor
New Contributor

Continous broadband dropouts

I am extremely frustrated at OPTUS. I am beside myself with the lack of support for your product. I have cable broadband and experience continuous drops outs throughout the day. I have to restart my modem 5-6 times a day because of this. I have dropped out of company meetings, lost data, cannot gain access to broadband for hours on end. I have called your support and although I fit into the CRITICAL category, there is no one to take my call. The internet is so slow that when I try to use the app it keeps circling because it cannot connect. Your tech issues icon states "sorry we are having trouble connecting you right now please call. So you call and it says use the messenger which bring you back to the"same cycle again. Other ways I just get another error message saying "failed to connect to sever". So there is no way of contacting you, other than this forum.  I cannot understate my frustration with this service. My mobile data is getting chewed up because I am needing to rely on this when cable disconnects. Your voicemail says we may not be get to some of your calls.  ALL of the calls you can't get too because everyday I go through the same process of trying - but no response. Interestingly I called the sales team tonight and what do you know - I was connected to a person straight away. So for existing customers there is NILL support but anyone who is not a OPTUS customer can speak to a sales person no problem because there is a potential sale. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Continous broadband dropouts

Hi mbradney,

Please let us know what troubleshooting have you done? Please try these broadband troubleshooting steps.

What suburb/postcode are you located in? Have you checked for any known outages? Enter your location and tick the Fixed outages box to have a look if that’s the issue.

Just a heads up as per the red advisory message on the right when you posted your question that we don't have access to or visibility of customer accounts here on our public forum.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Top Contributors