cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Anjo1937
Occasional Contributor

Contact with Optus

Am I the only one that has trouble trying to contact Optus. Been trying to get onto the chat line for four or five days without success, I know I can phone them however I wish to get on line to them.

My contract for two mobiles and my broadband are coming to the end of there contracts. And shortly two IPads. All I wanted to do is discuss a new contract. I now find that the chat line is totally useless. And no I do not want to go into one of there shops. 

So if I cannot contact them or they contact me I have no option than to go some where else. So wake up Optus you are loosing Custer ears every day through not being able to contact you.

That is my rant about Optus. 

Andrew

40 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Contact with Optus

Yes this has been a problem for me as well but i have gotten through at times i know you don't want to go to a store but could be your best option as you are talking face to face and hopefully they will get it right there are a lot of Horror story on here about talking on Live Chat and Phone it seems there are misunderstanding  on what you want

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your advice.  I am going to the Optus shop to pay my bill. But in the past when I have asked for help without much success however I will try again. And post my experience. It's like going into battlenot knowing the outcome

RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hey @Anjo1937 - please let us know how you go in store. You an also chat with our sales team here.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Occasional Contributor

Went to local Optus store paid my account.  And then asked my mobiles accounts and broadband. Was tol mobiles out of contra for months. Still paying for plan and the mobile on that plan. Asked why I am still paying for mobile as the plan was sold to me as a $30.00 plan and $5.00 for the mobile. No real answer to that one. Broadbands contract expires in march. Then sales person then goes on to tell me there is no longer a $35.00 now it is now $40.00 planand also my broadband plan as changed to. Keeping in mind that I have two mobiles, two iPads, homes phone and broadband on one contract. No offers given being at all would have to pay full price of present day fees no discount keeping in mind what we have had on contract with Optus. No wonder I went looking at what other telcos are able to provide me and one has given me a cheaper price and helped  me in choosing items at a lower cost giving what I want. Then emailed me the agreement broken down item by item. And have still been trying to get on chat with Optus with no luck. Just  message stating busy hang up try again. 

Andrew

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Well you have a decision to make but sounds like you could be sorting it all out one way or another i wish you all the best and make the one that best suite you and you feel is the best way Good Luck

Highlighted
New Contributor saynotoOptus
New Contributor

Yes they are useless. The answering machine is asking too much question.... 

Moderator Marie

Sorry to hear that's been your experience saynotoOptus 😞 

You're welcome to PM through your details and we can take a look at your account to see what we can offer you in the future once your contract is up.

I can confirm we do offer bundle discounts with our fixed services and a mobile plan.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor CanITalk
New Contributor

I have been trying to talk to Optus for the past month!!!! cannot talk on phone, can not access my account......... how can i SPEAK to someone? i want to cancel my contract, I believe I am out of contract but still paying for a phone even though it is paid out and I dont have it.... so the past 6 months i have honoured the contract without a phone and now I cannot speak to them about it?? I have just recieved another invoice......... and am getting pretty annoyed. I would NEVER recommend optus to anyone.

i tried getting on to my account, using my account number and mobile number as listed on the invoices that keep on coming.... failed every attempt..

New Contributor CanITalk
New Contributor

I have been trying to talk to Optus for the past month!!!! cannot talk on phone, can not access my account......... how can i SPEAK to someone? i want to cancel my contract, I believe I am out of contract but still paying for a phone even though it is paid out and I dont have it.... so the past 6 months i have honoured the contract without a phone and now I cannot speak to them about it?? I have just recieved another invoice......... and am getting pretty annoyed. I would NEVER recommend optus to anyone.

i tried getting on to my account, using my account number and mobile number as listed on the invoices that keep on coming.... failed every attempt..

0 Kudos
Top Contributors