Searching...

Constantly getting 9mbps on my cable after 5pm, WHY!?

gadogado

Ok, I'm so done with this, I keep getting 9-10mbps around this time until 6am then goes bad again at 12pm onwards, called optus tech support, they say there will be a network bandiwth upgrade in my area, when I asked when, they say they cannot tell me, what is this?? And only the network team will give me an update through SMS, I have not received any sms til now.

Can someone from optus help me? I was on 100mbps speed pack for few months, and decided to cancel it cos I only getting 20mbps around this time, horrible! the most ridiculous thing is that I can see the pole from my bedroom, literally 5 steps away from my driveway.

http://speedtest.mel.optusnet.com.au/

Last Result:
Download Speed: 9409 kbps (1176.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1923 kbps (240.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 9 ms
Jitter: 2 ms

Re: Constantly getting 9mbps on my cable after 5pm, WHY!?

Sam_D

Apologies for the lack of communication here, @gadogado Smiley Sad Having been affected by network congestion myself I completely understand how frustrating it can be. Your distance from the pole outside won't affect your speeds on our Cable network; Network congestion occurs when the usage in the area exceeds the bandwidth that our equipment can pump out at this current point in time. The only solution to the overall issue is equipment and infrastructure upgrades at a network level which is what we've registered you to receive updates on. If you can send me a PM with your full name, DOB and account number I'm happy to take a look at our planned upgrades to see if this has been scheduled for your area yet. 

Highlighted

Re: Constantly getting 9mbps on my cable after 5pm, WHY!?

gadogado

Thannks Sam, just sent you a pm. This is so sadd, it's so good at 6am Smiley Sad

Last Result:
Download Speed: 30218 kbps (3777.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1900 kbps (237.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 14 ms
08/01/2017, 06:39:59

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
72 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
27 Kudos