Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Constant internet dropout on cable, but modem says connected to internet

I have a new Sagecom F@st 5366 TN modem connecting to Optus Cable.

My issue is that I am getting loss of internet on my connected devices but the modem says it is still connected. The local network still works and a soft or hard reboot of the modem normally restores internet connectivity.

I have purchased and installed a UPS thinking it may be small power dips causing the issue but this has had no impact.

I have devices connected via ethernet as well as by WIFI, and both sets of devices are losing internet access.

The hardware version is: FAST5366TN-A

The software version is: SG4Y1T000105

I'm hoping for a firmware update or similar to resolve the issue. Is anyone aware of an updated software version for these routers?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Constant internet dropout on cable, but modem says connected to internet

What postcode are you in?

The Optus cable network is due to be dismantelled shortly. Its common in areas that the NBN has or will arrive in to experience suddenly poor Optus cable functioning (as Optus typically turn it off 3 months after the NBN arrives). I suspect Optus see little point in spending money on (fixing or maintaining) equipment that is about to be torn down. As long as you are getting some signal then the standard line will be "Its a known issue but we have no timeframe for when it will be fixed"

As the NBN rollout has essentially almost been completed you should be looking to join ASAP. You can join via Optus or any other NBN provider (I recommend getting a month to month plan where ever you end up)

NB: Optus modem updates are pushed and happen automatically. I wouldn't be expecting one any time soon though.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Peter. 2232 is the postcode. NBN is rolling out but not yet ready, and our internet went significantly downhill when the rollout started in our area.
I'll sick it up until I can get on NBN with someone else.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Are you sure? NBNCo shows pretty much all of Kirrawee as RFS (Ready for Service)

https://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/check-your-address
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes, I'm in Gray's Point. "There's still some work to do before your premises is ready to connect" is what I get when I check. So it should be soon at least..