cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor morningside
Contributor

Constant dropouts and slowness

Am at my wits end with the poor speed and dropouts - went through this 12 months ago - TIO involved - now it’s happening again and the ‘customer service’ (joke) line has a 30mins wait (translates to - I gave up after 50 mins) - what so I do now? Switch to Telstra? Get a mobile broadband sim? Both sound expensive and I was stupid enough to resign for 24 months with Optus when the last bout of dropouts and slowness was resolved. Has anyone ever been able to talk to someone who can resolve an issue at Optus? Sending out a technician never results in any progress... 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Re: Constant dropouts and slowness

Hi @morningside, I'm sorry to hear those issues have reoccurred. Please get in touch with our Tech Support team via LiveChat so that they can be logged and investigated as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
Contributor morningside
Contributor

Hi Hannah, I did try to do that on Friday night - waiting for 15mins for someone to come online for the chat then gave up. We went through this whole issue 12 months ago - suspect the network can’t handle the load once school kids start holidays and start downloading 24/7 - the users (like us) who have an average level of usage suffer... we are getting download speeds under 1mb so the connection is useless. Can’t even get hold of anyone to log a complaint! 

RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

@morningside If you send me a PM with your full name, DOB and account number we can take a look into it for you - Hannah

0 Kudos
Contributor morningside
Contributor

Thanks Hannah, I sent the details yesterday evening - did you receive them? 

0 Kudos
Contributor morningside
Contributor

And in case anyone else is following this - tonight’s internet speed is 0.16mbps download. Awesome. 

0 Kudos
Contributor morningside
Contributor

Tried to contact tech support via chat again this morning - message says ‘sorry we’re all busy, try again later’. Another day without internet. I wold really appreciate some help. 

0 Kudos
Contributor morningside
Contributor

Still no contact from the moderators as promised. And no reply to follow up via message - it seems they’re not interested. Managed to get through to chat today, so at least a case has been lodged - this whole forum experience has been a useless time wasting disappointment. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Fionoula
Occasional Contributor

This is so common - has happened to me for 18 months at least  I HATE OPTUS - we pay them monthly for a service we can’t use. 

On wifi I can’t even look at a short clip on FB

on Fetch I can’t stream a Netflix movie

on internet trying to download an Apple movie it says it will take 10 hours!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Fionoula, you're more than welcome to send us PM with your details. I'll need you to send through your full name, DOB and account number → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

I've been assisting @morningside via PM and I'm happy to see if I can help out with your speed issues. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos