Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Constant drop outs

Hi, I am extremely frustrated, I am getting constant drop outs on my Optus cable broadband a telephony. It has been going on for nearly a month now, sometimes it can happen 5 times in an hour.

I get in touch with support and they keep telling me to reboot the modem which I must have done at least 50 times. Then support hang up!!!!

How do I get HELP please?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Constant drop outs

Yikes 😞 Get that it'd be super frustrating! Were you provided with a fault ref # at all?

If this is a Cable service, can you please confirm if the lights on your modem are changing when it's dropping out? 

Please also take a look at our troubleshooting guide here for some additional steps to try. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

What an asinine reply! How did you become a moderator? I have spoken many time to support somwhere on the sub-continent and have told them all the responses to your questions and any other FAQ they seem to quote. AND they go of line before I get a refernce number. All you had was a BGO (Brief Glimps of the Obvious).

I seriously dont know why I waste my time on Optus! I worked with Signtel when I was a Singapore resident workin as CEO for the Asia Pacific office of a major multi national and if Singtel actually heard the truth about Singtel Optus, half the place would be fired!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Just trying to help as best we can from our end here, you didn't mention any ref #'s in your post.

If you would like us to troubleshoot this further, would recommend chatting with our Faults team directly. 

You can reach us here or on 13 13 44 for a more immediate response.

Alternatively, PM me with your username and I will take a look. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

English doesn't appear to be your strong point either when you say that I didn't mention a reference nunber, I quote from my last response  QUOTE"AND they go of line before I get a refernce number."EndQuote.

Go and waste somebody else's time. You are not contributing to solving the problem by giving me canned responses, I have tried all the paths to solutions you suggest and they have failed time and time again!

0 Kudos