Searching...
Highlighted

Constant broadband drop outs - can't get a response from Optus Customer Relations

morningside

Has anyone else had trouble getting hold of the 'Customer Relations' team at Optus? We have a complaint with the TIO due to the ridiculously low amount of time we are actually able to use our internet (50%) and the constant drop outs (which seem to be fixed each time by 'clearing the line at the exchange') - Optus have contacted us in response to the complaint and provided a direct number for someone that never answers their phone - and doesn't seem to return phonecalls either. A different technician rang today to 'test the line' and said he'd send out a new modem at a 'discounted' cost of $60!? What a joke. We can't even get consistent service for the fees we are paying and they want to charge $60 to replace their own modem? And he couldn't even guarantee that's the problem... I told him NO, we wouldn't be paying the $60, and he subsequently confirmed there would be no charge via the person who never answers their phone (I guess he has a more direct line or an email address as he was able to get through to her).  Now a Telstra tech has to come out and look at the line 'sometime before 3 January'... and the internet has dropped out yet again.  I can't face waiting 30 minutes on the phone to try and get someone to reconnect it for the 600th time. Does anyone have a proven method for dealing with this ridiculous system that actually provides results?

Re: Constant broadband drop outs - can't get a response from Optus Customer Relations

Yeldarb

Persistence and a good bottle of Scotch.

Re: Constant broadband drop outs - can't get a response from Optus Customer Relations

morningside

Haha, yeah it sounds like that's the only option! We'll

switch to someone else if we can't get it sorted, it's just the pain of switching that makes me hesitate, but looking around there are better options elsewhere and for less cost. Perhaps the service is the same everywhere... 

Yeldarb

I often think they want you to give up. After all if it was easy to fix your problem they would have done it already. I would suggest that all providers have these problems to some degree however the way Optus handle them often makes matters worse.

Guy

Sorry to hear you've not been able to get your issue resolved morningside Smiley Sad We can check on the progress of this and chase it up if required. Could you send us a private message with your full name, account/service number and date of birth please? Guy

nh2

A great deal of patience and a bottle of single malt whisky - preferably Macallans

morningside

Sure - I can do that - FYI, today's speed is below - it's a bit pathetic for $130/month!! 1-1-17 3-16pm.PNG

Hannah-L

Oh dear, that doesn't look too good @morningside. We'll keep an eye out for your PM.

morningside

Thankyou - I've sent the details via PM to Guy.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
75 Kudos
52 Kudos
41 Kudos
27 Kudos