cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor moderated_kz
New Contributor

Constant Disconnection

I am absolutely disgusted by the Optus Internet. The internet just keeps disconnecting over and over again, sometimes I don't even get to use for a whole day. I get that your infrastructure is trash, but how can the internet connect for 5 mintues and then disconnect for 10 minutes??? Keep contacting Optus support and went to Chadstone store twice. They say they sent people to check but first time i waited a whole day and no one came. Then they said he just check the external network. Hello? Is this how you handle stuff? And THEY CAN'T EVEN FIX IT.

I pay nearly 100 dollars and have to spend another 50 on data to keep my internet going. This is disgusting. I am actually speechless.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Constant Disconnection

Hi @moderated_kz

First off, I’m Sorry to hear of the experience. Having come from an Optus retail background myself, they're limited in their ability to troubleshoot. Generally, they're required to work with our tech team over the phone. They’re unable to raise fault tickets from their end.

Do you have a fault reference number? I'd like to see what work was actually carried out. I'm also happy to go in and see if I can identify an issue. We do have the ability to refer enquiries directly through to our technical case management team. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Sirfuzzman
Occasional Contributor

I went on holidays for 2 weeks from boxing day, i return home yesterday to internet that constantly drops out.

every few mintues the DSL light on the rubbish "sagecom" keeps flashing, I've tried both my optus rubbish "sagecom" modems and neither of them is able to hold internet for more than a few minutes. I have spoken to tech support twice, done 2 factory resets and tried to isloate the problem. Im assuming its the modem, i contacted optus on twitter and am awaiting a reply on a new modem. i cannot wait until I can churn over to another ISP. nothing but problems with OPTUS

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

If you'd like us to go in and take a look, we can definitely do that for you.

You'll need to send us a private message.

We need your full name, DOB and account number.

If you decide to come through, let us know and we'll respond back as soon as we can. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos