Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
DLMango101
New Contributor
New Contributor

Connecting second phone to router

I have just been given a new Sagemcom 3864V3 AC modem by Optus, replacing my Netgear one, in order to "update" due to problems connecting to the Internet (Optus problems...). Previously my phone was connected to a normal wall phone socket and worked fine. Now (a few days later...) when the internet is down so is my phone, but that's another story. I was told by the technician I can connect an additional landline (cordless) phone to the router, so when it rings I can take it and walk to another part of the house to talk. But he didn't show me how to do it. How can I connect the second phone to the router? (the same phone number). I would appreciate some advice.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Connecting second phone to router

Simply get a splitter to take the TEL1 socket on your S@GEMCOM so you can plug in multiple devices. 

Yes, when your service (internet) is down, so is your voice service. 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Connecting second phone to router

Hi

If it is the same number simply buy a cordless phone set with two phones. Then connect the base station to the modem.

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/panasonic-cordless-phone-plus-1-handset-kx-tg6822a...

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors