Searching...
Highlighted

Connecting new ADSL2+ account - no Welcome Letter with email/password to login?!? WTF

JRAD1990

Hi guys,

Got a new ADSL2+ service set up with Optus, got the modem in the mail, set everything up, connected to the wifi and am attempting to sign in to the ADSL login page (192.168.0.1) and it is asking me for an email address and password provided in our welcome letter.

Problem is we haven't gotten a welcome letter and no other supporting documents stating this email/passsword at all? Is there any other way I can find this? And yes, tried ringing Tech Support and was put on hold for an hour and a half before they hung up on me... Classic Optus customer service.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Connecting new ADSL2+ account - no Welcome Letter with email/password to login?!? WTF

dklieve

Hey JRAD1990,

Had the exact same thing when I first got connected. I managed to eventually get onto tech support and was able to get them to send those details to me after verifying my identity. It's a pain, and the information differs from any of the other logins you have with Optus, but it seems to be the only way. I spent about 2 hours looking for another way while waiting on hold to get through and that was the only option.

I guess the only advice I have is to not let them put you back on hold. Every time an Optus advisor has put me on hold, I mysteriously end up in the queue to another department, or being disconnected on. Thankfully, once you get them to send those out it should be pretty painless from there.

Good luck.

Re: Connecting new ADSL2+ account - no Welcome Letter with email/password to login?!? WTF

Yeldarb

Hmm they normally gave this information to you when you were signing up. I'm not sure how they go about sending a welcome letter to an email address that you can't view without knowing what the username and password was in the first place.

dklieve

A number of people have just not received that letter. It's meant to come with the router, but seems to be a fairly common complaint that it doesn't. And they were find to just send the details out to my normal email - it also isn't the login you use for Optus webmail unless you reset the initial password they gave you to be coincidentally the same. 

Yeldarb

Yes it is a common complaint and I don’t know what the answer is. The way they did it in the past was simple with no confusion. It also meant that your email account was available immediately.

Alex_H

Hey there @JRAD1990 - so sorry you didn't get the welcome letter Smiley Sad how annoying.

Were you able to get the login details for your modem since posting here? We can help if not!

JRAD1990

Cool, cool, cool! Thanks for our help. Was asking just in case there was another way to access the info, other than ringing Customer Care.

Still boggles my mind how stupid Optus can be to not send out those details with the modem....

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
78 Kudos
52 Kudos
42 Kudos
31 Kudos