Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Connecting VPN to Sagencom modem

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone give me a plain english Smiley Happy step through on how to connect / setup a VPN to the Optus Sagencom modem

Thanking you in advance

GrumblebumMan LOL

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Connecting VPN to Sagencom modem

Hi, I think the Sagem modem doesnt have a hardware VPN. Are you referring to a software VPN via a VPN provider? If so then you can download the VPN software from them, it usually create a TAP adapter for you then tunnel the traffic to their VPN server.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply... Yes I have subscribed to NordVPN and the software has been downloaded to my computer. What I was hoping to do was to connect the VPN to the Modem and as you may have gleaned I am not tech savvy like the young kids these days.

My Computer is connected to the modem by wifi and our PS4 and Tv are connected by cable to the modem.

Sorry to say you lost me with " it usually create a TAP adapter for you then tunnel the traffic to their VPN server"

Any additional help would ne appreciated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

The simpliest way is to download the NORDVPN client and install it for your computer. 

You can find the setup instruction here : https://nordvpn.com/tutorials/

The Sagem modem does not have a VPN functio build in. If you want it at the router/modem level then you would need to buy a new modem/router that supports VPN. From the NORDVPN looks like Asus is a good choice as it support open VPN. However, you would still need to install OpenVPN on each PC. The advantace is that you can use 1 VPN login for every computer in under that same router. 

I haven' t tested VPN on the Playstation, you can find a step by step guide here

https://www.purevpn.com/blog/ps3-vpn/

https://support.nordvpn.com/hc/en-us/articles/208084615-Can-I-set-it-up-on-my-Smart-TV-or-gaming-con...

The next problem is configuring the new modem to work on the Optus network. 

How many concurrent connection do you have with your subscription? If you have enough to cover all your devices then just use them all. Only use the NEW router option when you do have enough connections. 

VPN can be a grey subject at time and not sure what is appropriete or not appropriete to discuss. My suggestion is Google NORDVPN with the things you want to do..eg Playstation or Asus Router Setup and so on. There are alot of information on the NORDVPN support site, finally as a paying customer you can alway raise a ticket with Nordvpn if you run into any issues.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy