cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Loomy
New Contributor
New Contributor

Connecting Telephone Copper wire to Optus cable so NBN Box can be positioned further back.

I had an NBN serviceman come to connect me to the NBN...Currently, I have been using Optus Cable...

I needed the NBN Box in my home office in the back garden of my house but he said he would/could only install the box closest point from the pit to a power point and copper wire.

So...I needed the NBN Box (and Optus modem) about 200 feet further away than the closest point it would have been set up.

He suggested as a solution to my problem was to get an electrician JOIN the phone copper Wire to my existing Optus cable which runs all the way from the front of my house to my office at the back and then get the NBN technician to install the NBN Box in my office from the Optus cable now connected to the copper wire phone line.

Cold anyone please tell me whether this is a viable methodology and the way to get the NBN Box into my office versus the front of the house about 300 feet away?

Thank you.

Loomy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_YC

Re: Connecting Telephone Copper wire to Optus cable so NBN Box can be positioned further back.

Hey @Loomy - Thanks for sharing this.

Having a qualified electrician can relocate the equipment for you. It'll depend on a few factors which can be discussed with whomever you're deciding with. We also do offer a Professional Install with the information here which will provide you some oversight as to what they are able to do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.