Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Connecting Solar System via wifi on 5366TN modem

I have a fronius solar system installed and the procedure to have the data from the solar system to my desktop pc says I have to go to the modem and enter the fronius password via the wifi option. I am running windows 10 version 1903 and my motherboard is asus b150m-a m2. Have been told I need a wifi dongle.  Is there a way to edit the modem and enter the fronius passowrd etc. Have had this problem since I connected to the nbn and had to get a new modem. I dont know what the next step is ?? anyone have this same problem and have a step by step fix. If yes please send to me.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Connecting Solar System via wifi on 5366TN modem

You can't use modems/routers in that way. The fronius instructions you shared appear to be for a direct client-client connection which can't go through an intermediary like a router. Do you have a mobile that you can use instead of the PC and get the data that way?

Having said that, looking at https://www.infiniteenergy.com.au/support/fronius-wifi-monitoring-set-up/ it appears that what its asking for is a WPS connection (identified by it asking for an 8 digit number as the password at step 11), so you should be able to go into the WPS section on the 5366 and enter the password there to give it/your PC network access. Once you've done that It looks like step 15 is what you actually need to enter on the PC to get access to it.

Hope that makes sense.

0 Kudos