cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor DieciSiete
New Contributor

Connecting Router to NordVpn

How can I connect NordVPN to my cable router?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Connecting Router to NordVpn

I presume you are wanting the stock Optus router to do something intelligent?

0 Kudos
New Contributor

That's what I thought someone would say. Any recommendations for an upgrade. Home use and occasional work. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

If you don't have NBN, whatever you do might be chucked out when it comes.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

why not just downloand the software and install it on the computer that you need the VPN? alot of modems router supports VPN.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Would make sense if only for me. Looking for something for all devices and all in the house too. 

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Is there a need for connecting every devices to the VPN? I think you get 4 connections per NORDVPN account,  your connection might be slowed down connecting via a VPN. NORDVPN supports openvpn, so look for a modem that supports OpenVPN, alot of the Netgears modem router does it, just check on the specs. If you do need the home phone then you can use the Optus modem for the phone and the new modem for the internet. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors